Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Make Money Writing: U= Underpaid and Overworked

April is all about making money writing. I have to tell you a secret. You will be overworked and underpaid at least for a while. I wrote for FREE for two years. (Read that again: I didn't sell anything for two full years). Do I care? Not really. I put in the work and began to succeed. My self published books still sell and my publications have helped me land day jobs. Today, is a reminder that if you want to make money writing, you will have to stick it out. You will not get paid for a long time. (Unless, you're one of those lucky punks who sell their first novel in a six figure deal. Don't tell me about it. I don't want to know). But if you put in the time, you will eventually see the rewards. As Strawberry Shortcake says, "The most important part is don't stop now."

2 comments:

  1. It's true. I'm learning to soak this message in this year. Last year I struggled with it, hoping/praying for that six-figure deal. Haha, not that I still don't secretly hope for it but now I've got my sleeves rolled up and I'm looking at it in the long run. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the advent of self-publishing (which really speeds up the publishing process), writers have to be in it for the long run. It's hard to be patient, but it will pay off.

    ReplyDelete