Friday, January 31, 2014

Big Dreams Blogfest

The "Big Dreams Blogfest" is hosted by Misha Gericke, and once a month we all come together to talk about what we've done to get closer to our dreams.

I have two goals. Write a million words. Make a million dollars.. That's it. So I got Perfect Harmony through a round of edits and sent to my first reader, and I did a final final round of agent edits on FH and it's now on submission. I also went to Connecticut for a week for my MFA residency where I learned a lot of really practical stuff about the industry. I enjoyed the residency much more than I usually enjoy conferences. The sessions were small, so not as overwhelming as some cons and most of the workshops included actual writing exercises. Very helpful. I started on TLMG while there, but I needed to use it as the book I'm writing for my class this semester. My mentor thought another book would be better and I can't write two at a time and take care of a one year old, and teach classes, and blog, so 20 pages into TLMG, I stopped to write an outline(for class) of The Senator's Son. What I accomplished in January: PH edits, FH edits, residency, 20 pages. My goal for February is to write 50,000 words of The Senator's Son. I doubt that will finish the book, but it should make it easy to finish in March. I mean come on, after 50k everything is downhill. Wish me luck. I know I'll need it.

What are your goals for this month? Are you getting closer?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! I didn't. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of that conference. I'm attending my first in Vegas in April, not sure anyone I know will be there either. Wish me luck. Best of luck with your goals, as lofty as they are :)

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a good month. I wish I could say the same!

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your book writing goes well. I've never written any fiction for a class, I'm not sure I could do that. I guess I'm just more insecure than most people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you never show anyone your work, it's very hard to improve.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a great month. Good luck on the February 50,000 word goal. It's great to meet you through this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done AWESOME this month, Beth. You should be so proud of yourself. I'm inspired and wish I could write as fast as you. Good luck with that Master's program. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexa, my world has kind of turned upside down since I made this post. NOt sure how much of this will actually happen.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your 50,000 words of The Senator's Son. Sounds like a Feb version of NaNoWriMo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've been nice and busy this last month! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete