Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When You Were Mine Book 15

This is a modern day Romeo & Juliet told from Rosaline's pov.

So most of you know by now I LOVE romance. It's hard for me to like a book without a lot of it. I expected to LOVE this book. And it was good, but I'm not sure it will live up to my all time favorites list.

I don't know that the romance was quite as strong as I expected, but I enjoyed the book. I wasn't sure I would like the voice. The book started out with a strong voice, but lots of sentences were followed by sentences that absolutely didn't matter. A lot of people talk that way, but it's annoying to read, and I thought I would get tired of it. However after the first couple of chapters I didn't notice it anymore. I don't know if that means it changed or that I just got so involved with the story I didn't notice. And it is a strong story. I thought at first from some of the things that happened in "Act 1" that this was going to be more like a "true story of Romeo and Juliet" where Rosaline makes a villain of Juliet. It's not. It's a good story. You should read it. I like it a whole lot more than the original, and I really like the ending. 4 stars

5 comments:

  1. I guess it's hard to find books that live up to expectations. It's nice to find one that's unusual and satisfying. I enjoyed the review, and I think your honesty is refreshing. :-)

    (Laura from YALitChat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Thanks. I like alternate tellings like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review. I enjoy a good romance story too. Will have to take a look at this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I have the same taste. This on is on my TBR list. Thanks for the great review. :D

    ReplyDelete