Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Preparing for A-Z Blogfest

So I'm preparing for the A-Z blogfest this year. Last year, I attempted this with no preparation and that resulted in lots of missed days, me posting non-sense to fit letters in, and not really finishing the challenge.

This year I'm going at it with a theme of sorts. It's a little ambiguous, but it will be Beth's Picks. It will revolve mostly around bookish and blogish things, like the best book I've ever read starting with that days letter, or maybe a significant book, or it might be an author. I think it will be fun, because I'm going to be able to link back to a lot of the things I've done over the past 2.5 years, and it will be interesting to kind of re-live some of the better moments of the journey. Lots of days, I drew up an absolute blank for, so I'll be pretty quickly reading another 3 books for P-52 to knock out some letters, killing two birds with one stones. (I want to have all my posts written before April. Even if I go into labor, I can finish the challenge).

But I'm a loss for X. Can anyone recommend a book, author or even a character's name that starts with the letter X?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great theme! :)

    X . . . sorry, I can't think of anything, either. It's a tough letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I found a few. Nothing, I'm that willing to read. I think I may just use an X book that doesn't interest me w/ a cover and good read synop and confession that I haven't read it. LOL. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you will be well prepared for the A to Z Challenge. Awesome!

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you well with your April excitement. Hope you found your X inspiration.


    Lee
    The Dog Lived (and So Did I)
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I also fell flat on my face last year, ha, ha. Oh well, lets see how it goes this time, with a theme, I've done the same thing. Chosen Africa as my theme, lots of research involved. It's been a blast.
    Blessings and good luck, Geoff. (New follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet having a theme helps and I'm glad you had fun with the research.

      Delete
  5. Piers Anthony writes a series of silly fantasy novels which take place in the land of Xanth. The first one is called *A Spell for Chameleon*. These are a fast read, so you should be able to fit one in. Good luck! Can't wait to see how it goes! :)

    Andi-Roo
    http://www.theworld4realz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting from the A-Z challenge post today - it's almost time! How about x-men from the comic books? I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What came to my mind was Zanadu. Your posts sound insightful...it's a good thing to review the past years! Looking forward to the challenge with you, Beth...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about insightful. Some of them may be, but it's mostly links. I'm looking forward to it though. It's a great way to see how far I've come. I look forward to seeing your posts as well.

      Delete
  8. cool ill await for your a-z hope you visit mine too here http://pa-ul.blogspot.com/2012/03/z-artists.html

    ReplyDelete